Speed-up version of CA3 with wider range of drop
- 1. Wide range of drop volume
- 2. Higher driving frequency(especially at small drops)
- 3. Excellent dot placement accuracy
- 4. UV curable and Oil based pigment ink compatible
- 5. Stable jetting with water circulation thermal control
1. Wide range of drop volume
Unique technology of jetting multiple drops onto a single dot creates wide range of grayscale with minimum 6 pl to maximum 90 pl (15 drops) per dot.
Compared with conventional binary inkjet heads, it is more suitable to express smooth density gradation from light to dark for various industrial printing.
Print sample with OHP sheet
2. Higher driving frequency(especially at small drops)
CA4 realizes 28KHz at 1drop (6pL) mode, which is twice as fast as the existing CA3 using the same interface.
It is 6.2KHz for 7drop mode (42pL), 30% faster than CA3. Its linear speed is 35 m/min at (6pl, 1200dpi) mode and 31m/min at (42pl, 300dpi) mode, suitable for high productive industrial application.
Note 1: Data transfer mode is different in 15KHz or more.
Note 2: Driving frequency in CA3's 1-6drop is a referenece value.
Note 3: Above data is based upon TOSHIBA TEC's internal test result. Optimized driving frequency may vary depending upon the ink to be used.
3. Excellent dot placement accuracy
Accurate dot placement is achievable with excellent piezo process and jetting control technology
- realize higher print speed
- realize wider swath by assembling multiple heads into a wider array
- improved throughput by reducing the number of scanning
- further improvement in printing speed by adding more printheads per color
4. UV curable and Oil based pigment ink compatible
TOSHIBA TEC's inkjet head is compatible with both UV curable and oil based pigment inks.
- Oil based pigment ink is quick-drying, and suitable for a high-speed application with absorptive substrates required.
- UV curable ink is fit with non-absorptive substrates, and suitable for various industrial applications.
Aqueous ink, solvent ink and other special types of ink needs testing with printheads.
Please consult with TOSHIBA TEC in case those type of inks are required for your application.
5. Stable jetting with water circulation thermal control
CA heads are equipped with a chassis with a water channel and water ports. Circulating thermal controlled water in the chassis creates uniform temperature distribution in the printhead. It allows more stable jetting performance.
|Print Method||On demand piezo method|
|Number of channels||318/head|
|Resolution / Channel pitch||150dpi/169 μm|
|Maximum Dot Frequency||28.0KHz(1drop)
|Linear Speed||31m/min@7drops, 300dpi
|Head Driving Voltage||14-31V|
|Curcuit Driving Voltage||39.0V|
|Ink*||Oil based pigment ink / UV curable pigment ink|
|Chassis||Ceramic chassis with water channel|
Notes:Phrase in parentheses is a reference value.
- Design and specifications subject to change without notice.
- * Some ink may damage printheads depending upon the chemical used.
It is recommended that material compatibility test be carried out before use to obtain optimum print performance of the printheads.