Universal Print by Microsoft
Toshiba MFP series is specially designed to help you work more efficiently and securely. Our products help your business improve management on paper and digital documents while saving time and increasing productivity.
Universal Print is a modern print solution that organizations can use to manage their print infrastructure through cloud services from Microsoft.
How dose Universal Print work?
Universal Print runs on Microsoft Azure, which means the service can be accessed by any Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) authenticated user from a Windows client.
Printers are registered with the Universal Print service and are then advertised as available to the users. Print jobs are sent from the Windows client to the cloud and then pulled by the printer either directly, or via Universal Print connector.*1
Users can print from anywhere when connected to the internet and authenticated to Azure AD.
*1 Universal Print ready printers give the best experience, as they can be managed directly thru Universal Print
Simple operating procedures
There are two ways of printing through Universal Print:
- 1) Via Universal Print connector. Microsoft provided software that runs on a Windows host to register printers.
- 2) Using Universal Print Ready Printers.
*Toshiba Universal Print Ready printers are now in preparation.
How to connect and use a printer via Universal Print connector
- Download and install Universal Print connector.
- Register your printer with Universal Print using the Universal Print connector.
- Grant user permissions to the registered printer through Universal Print portal.
- Users with permissions search for printers registered in Universal Print and setup the printer on their PCs.
For detailed procedures, refer to: ＞＞（https://docs.microsoft.com/universal-print/fundamentals/universal-print-getting-started）